A 6.6 magnitude earthquake hit central Italy on Sunday, collapsing more buildings in small cities and towns previously shuddered by tremors in the past two months. There were no immediate reports of casualties, though.
It was a stronger quake than one that struck central Italy on Aug. 24, killing close to 300 people. Thousands of aftershocks have been recorded in the weeks since then, including two exceptionally powerful tremors last Wednesday.
Italy’s emergency services said there was severe damage in numerous locations in the central regions of Umbria and Marche on Sunday. Three people were rescued from debris in the town of Ussita. However, there were no reports of casualties, State broadcaster RAI said.
Read more at the Source: Buildings Collapse as Another Powerful Earthquake Hits Italy